sabato 10 aprile 2021

Happy Birthday Split Gatefold Card by Marj Banzales

 


Hello friends! I'm glad you're back. Today, I have another Project to show you and you will enjoy looking at this cuties!

Today's tutorial is very easy. All you need is some wet glue, scissors, and a few cardstock! Oooppppssss.... I forgot, you also need a printer for this :) So let's begin!

Digital stamps are really in now and you can't go wrong when it comes to making any projects. You don't need any special machine to use it that's why I love using them! When it comes to Casetta DiChicca's Digital Stamp, you have a choice of either using the colored version or the non-colored one because that's how it was made for a fraction of a price. Isn't that great!

For today tutorial, I chose the colored version of Le Canterine and they are so fun to make but if you love to color it is also a good choice I just wanted to do a short cut although I love to do some coloring with this cuties and will probably do that on another project that I will do in the future.


                         

To make this card, I printed the colored version and fussy cut it and left a little white border to make it look interesting and I like how it looks and then I set it aside.

                         

Next, I cut a piece of  4.25 x 11 inches White cardstock. Then, I used my We R Memory Keepers Mini Score Board and scored it on 2 1/8 inches on each side.


                          

Using my Fiskars Cutter, I cut the Premium Patterned Paper Confetti from DCWV in the middle that measures 2 1/8 inches x 5 1/2 inches. Now that we have the 2 pieces, I added one to the left flap and the other one to the right flap. Then, I cut 2 pieces of 2.25 x 0.5 inches and scored in half to make a hinge on each side.  I added wet glue ( make sure to use a strong one or double sided tape) to attached it to the front of the card against the edge of the gatefold. 


Next, I trace the Digital image to a white cardstock and fussy cut it. This white piece will be on the  left side of the card.



Then on the left hand side, I added a strong glue on the flap and centered my colored image then attached it and reinforced it with my bone folder. You'll see our image is the only one floating here. (as shown below)  and then on the right hand side, I added the same shape but with a blank piece. I added another strong glue on the other side of the flap and make sure the white blank piece is lined up with our image.  Now, that we created the simple blank piece, that's where we will add our surprise message or sentiment.

                          

For the sentiment, I used Happy Birthday from the Stampin Up Endless Birthday Wishes Stamp Set. This is an old Stamp Set of mine that I always use making different birthday cards. 


This is how it looks like when it is close.



This is how it looks like when its open. Isn't this card so cute? I'm glad it looks how I envisioned it. I hope you learn a thing or two. Come check out Casetta Sullalbero for some other amazing designs she has on her Etsy Shop.

Thank you again for stopping by and when you get the chance, you can follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and my blog. Hope to see you there and see you again next time!

Marj



Nessun commento:

Posta un commento